During my teenage years in the 90s, The Body Shop was the beauty holy grail. Being one of the loveliest smelling places on the planet and being uniquely ethical they really were onto a winner and teenagers like myself, flocked to their stores every Saturday to spend our (hard earned?!) pocket money. I used to spend hours browsing the shelves and sampling all the delicious smelling products on offer before purchasing the latest must haves such as White Musk perfume, Fuzzy Peach shower gel and Morello Cherry lip balm. Oh the memories!
For years I even did all my Christmas shopping for my best buddies there. I used to love choosing a wicker basket and filling it up with exciting things (mainly animal soaps, body butters, bath pearls and anything and everything from the Dewberry and Ananya ranges) which the shop assistant would then transform into a lovely cellophane covered gift to add to their collections! Lucky girls!
But as I moved through my teenage years, I drifted away from The Body Shop in favour of more ‘grown up’ brands and it is only in the past year that I found myself going back to them and I now swear by a few of their products, namely these three beauties below.
a // Hemp Hand Protector, £10 for 100ml – This has worked wonders on my granny hands and was invaluable in the early days with Jack when I was changing nappies and washing my hands a million times a day!
b // Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream, £11 for 50ml – I was introduced to this by my sister and I love it. It’s rich but not greasy and smells yummy too!
c // Vitamin C Skin Reviver, £14 for 30ml – Containing light reflective particles, this makes my skin look and feel silky and fresh.
I am also a huge fan of The Body Shop’s Body Butters, which quite frankly smell good enough to eat. With over 20 different scents, they are rich in Shea & Cocoa Butter making them amazingly hydrating to the skin, which is perfect at the moment as my skin seems to have become a lot drier during pregnancy. I am a big fan of a lot of the scents but at this time of year, the Coconut Body Butter is one of my summer favourites. It smells of tropical coconut oil and always makes me think of a paradise beach!
So with that in mind and Summer just around the corner, I have decided to host a lovely giveaway for you all to get you in the mood for Summer. The prize is a delicious Coconut Body Butter and Shower Cream, worth £17.
For your chance to win, comment on this blog post, telling me what your favourite The Body Shop product is and then fill in the Rafflecopter widget below. For extra entries, follow @hellobabyblog on Twitter, Hello Baby on Facebook and tweet about the giveaway. Full T&Cs are below.
Terms and conditions:
1. Entry is open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding anyone professionally associated with Hello Baby Blog.
2. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
3. The prize draw starts at 14.00pm GMT on 15th May 2014 and closes at 11.59pm GMT on 31st May 2014.
4. Entry is free and must be made by commenting on this blog post and filling in the Rafflecopter widget. Entrants can gain bonus entries by following Hello Baby on facebook, @hellobabyblog on Twitter and tweeting about the giveaway, then completing the Rafflecopter widget featured in this post.
5. The name of the winner will be published on this website within 14 days of the competition closing.
6. Hello Baby Blog’s decision on all matters is final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. By taking part in this competition you agree to be bound by the competition terms and conditions.
9. Hello Baby Blog reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and / or winner in its discretion and without any notice in accordance with these terms and conditions.
PS – If you are interested in purchasing any The Body Shop products, I highly recommend joining their mailing list and purchasing online as they have mega discounts! I can’t remember the last time I paid full price for anything! Bonus!