If you have little ones, I’m pretty sure you will have been enchanted by the wonderful characters and storyline of The Jungle Book. We’ve all seen how much our little ones adore watching the likes of Mowgli, Balloo and Bagheera on the big screen, so imagine their faces if they were to see them on the stage.
Well, as luck would have it, Children’s Touring Partnership and Royal & Derngate, Northampton are delighted to bring their new adaptation of Rudyard Kipling’s family classic The Jungle Book to The Lowry Theatre, Manchester from Wednesday 2nd May to Sunday 6th May.
Originally written in 1894, Kipling’s beloved tale will be reimagined with a brand new score and script, exploring the universal themes of family, belonging and identity.
The Jungle Book tells of Mowgli the man cub who battles for survival in this heart-warming coming-of-age story about a boy raised by wolves in the jungle. With the help of his animal friends, including Bagheera the panther, Balloo the bear and Kaa the python, Mowgli outwits the cruel and powerful tiger, Shere Khan, and learns the law of the jungle.
The award winning creative team bringing Kipling’s timeless story to the stage includes playwright Jessica Swale, director Max Webster and internationally renowned songwriter Joe Stilgoe.
Playwright Jessica Swale has adapted the story for the stage. Her previous acclaimed play “Nell Gwynn” won the Olivier Award for Best New Comedy in 2016.
Max Webster directed Dr Seuss’ “The Lorax” at the Old Vic, which was nominated for Best Entertainment and Family Show at the 2016 Olivier Awards.
For your chance to win, comment on this blog post letting me know what your favourite song is from The Jungle Book AND fill in the rafflecopter widget below. Good luck!
Full Ts&Cs are below.
Terms and conditions:
- Entry is open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding anyone professionally associated with Hello Baby Blog or The Lowry Theatre.
- The prize is one family ticket to The Jungle Book for either Wednesday 2nd May or Sunday 6th May admission. The date and time of showing must be specified at time of confirming the prize. Each pass admits 4 people, one person in the group must be aged over 18. Additional tickets can be purchased next to the competition tickets if you wish to bring more guests. The show has an age guidance of 6+.
- The tickets cannot be transferred to another show if the prize winner is unable to make the week of the show and there is no cash alternative.
- The prize is non transferable and ID will be required at time of collecting the tickets from the box office.
- The prize draw starts at 12am on 23rd April 2018 and closes at 12am on 29th April 2018.
- Entry is free and must be made by commenting on this blog post and filling in the Rafflecopter widget. Entrants can gain bonus entries by visiting Hello Baby on facebook, following @hellobabyblog on Twitter, following @hellobabyblog on Instagram, following @hellobabyblog on Pinterest, tweeting about the giveaway, following @The_Lowry on Twitter, visiting TheLowrySalford on Facebook, following @The_Lowry on Instagram and then completing the Rafflecopter widget featured in this post.
- The name of the winner will be published on this website within 2 days of the competition closing.
- Hello Baby Blog’s decision on all matters is final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- By taking part in this competition you agree to be bound by the competition terms and conditions.
- Hello Baby Blog reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and / or winner in its discretion and without any notice in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Once the winner has been selected at random using Rafflecopter, I will inform The Lowry Theatre of the winner’s name and they will be in touch to arrange collection of the tickets from the box office.