Vogue’s 73 questions have been doing the rounds over the last few months and due to my nosey nature I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching various celebrities, including Sarah Jessica Parker and Victoria Beckham, divulge snippets from their personal lives (and showcasing their beautiful homes) over on youtube.
I am a huge Reece Witherspoon fan (I adored her in the movie Wild and if you haven’t seen it you really must; It’s currently available on Sky Movies!) and loved hearing more about her and having been tagged by the lovely Donna over at What the Redhead said, here are my answers to Vogue’s 73 questions…
1. What’s your favourite movie?
My favourite movie of all time has to be Annie!
2. Favourite movie in the past five years?
Andy will confirm that I’m awful at remembering the names of movies. I did have a good giggle at Bridesmaids, was that in the last 5 years?!
3. Favourite Hitchcock film?
I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen one.
4. A book you plan on reading?
I really want to read The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins, I love a good thriller.
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
Is it bad that I don’t remember what I read at school?! I’ve slept a lot since then!
6. Favourite TV show that’s currently on?
I’m a sucker for a reality show so I would have to say The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
7. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now?
It’s a strong 9. I’m really happy.
8. iPhone or Android?
iPhone all the way.
9. Twitter or Instagram?
Definitely Instagram. Twitter moves too fast for me and as I’m barely on it I miss a lot of what’s going on, but I love having a good browse on Instagram.
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
On Instagram, I would say Liz Matthews over at lizmatthewsPR. She has the most adorable kids and what looks like a very fun life.
11. What’s your favourite food?
12. Least favourite food?
Turkish Delight, it tastes so floral.
13. What do you love on your pizza?
Tuna, Onion, Anchovies and Olives. Or alternatively tuna and banana, deeeelicious!
14. Favourite drink?
Non alcoholic – Ribena, Alcoholic – Aperol Spritz
15. Favourite dessert?
My mum’s cheesecake
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
17. Coffee or tea?
I’m not a huge fan of either. I do love a good peppermint tea though.
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
The constant worrying
19. What’s your favourite band?
I’m partial to a bit of One D at the moment (hangs head in shame!)
20. Favourite solo artist?
21. Favourite song?
I really don’t have a favourite. At the moment I love Justin Bieber: Love Yourself, One Direction: History, Naughty Boy: Runnin and Sia: Chandelier.
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
On my side/ribcage.
25. To be or not to be?
That is the question…
26. Dogs or cats?
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
28. Best gift you’ve ever received?
If the children count as gifts, then those two tinkers for sure. If not, my car was a nice surprise on my 30th, the boy did good!
29. Best gift you’ve ever given?
30. Last gift you gave a friend?
It was most probably a christmas pressie.
31. What’s your favourite board game?
32. What’s your favourite country to visit?
Japan – I studied Japanese at uni and used to live in Tokyo so it holds a special place in my heart.
33. What’s the last country you visited?
34. What country do you wish to visit?
I would love to take the children to Lapland (Finland) when they’re a bit older.
35. What’s your favourite colour?
Coral or Grey
36. Least favourite colour?
Orange, as a redhead it’s always been one to avoid.
37. Diamonds or pearls?
38. Heels or flats?
39. Pilates or yoga?
Neither really, I find them a bit dull.
40. Jogging or swimming?
41. Best way to de-stress?
Exercise followed by a long soak in the bath with a good book.
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
44. What’s your favourite flower?
45. When was the last time you cried?
Watching Sean and Catherine’s wedding on The Bachelor last night! (Andy had to remind me that I don’t actually know them…I think I need to get a life!)
46. Do you like your handwriting?
On the whole, although it can be very messy at times
47. Do you bake?
48. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
49. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
50. Who do you miss most?
My grandad, I would have loved for him to have met Jack and Phoebs.
51. What are you listening to right now?
52. Favourite smell?
Freshly cut grass
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
One of my best buddies Nat
55. A sport you wish you could play?
56. Hair colour?
57. Eye colour?
58. Scary film or happy endings?
Always a happy ending.
59. Favourite season?
Spring or Autumn
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
Victoria Beckham, Peter Kay and Robbie Williams
61. Hugs or kisses?
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
63. Where were you born?
Good old Stockport
64. What is the farthest you have been from home?
65. Sweet or savoury?
66. Lipstick or lip gloss?
67. What book have you read again and again?
I don’t tend to read books again and again, apart from reading to the kids.
68. Favourite bedtime story?
I love reading all of Julia Donaldson’s books to Jack.
69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
I would never write one!
70. Favourite sound?
The children giggling
71. Favourite animal?
72. Who is your girl crush?
73. Last photograph you took?
Jack teaching Phoebe all about dinosaurs!