During my first pregnancy, despite reading rave reviews, I eschewed any form of maternity/nursing pillow as I didn’t want to spend my money on something that at the time I thought wasn’t essential; after all I could make do with normal pillows and cushions at no extra cost.
So when the lovely team at Theraline offered me the opportunity to review The Original Theraline Maternity and Nursing Pillow when I became pregnant for the second time, I was interested to see how much of a difference having a Maternity Pillow would make.
So without further ado, here’s my review of The Original Theraline Maternity and Nursing Pillow.
Theraline’s award winning Original Maternity and Nursing pillow has been designed to help mums-to-be enjoy a restful night’s sleep throughout the later stages of pregnancy and it also doubles up as a comfortable feeding pillow when baby arrives. At nearly 2m long, the pillow was a lot longer than I expected but my goodness me, it is super super comfy! And because the pillow isn’t solid (it’s filled with thousands of tiny micro beads) the support it provides is endless and it’s as light as a feather. The pillow is also anti-allergenic, breathable, and most importantly can be washed at 60° C.
As a sleeping aid
The Theraline Original Maternity and Nursing Pillow really moulds to your body and gives you the support you need where you need it; you can shuffle the beads along so it’s more concentrated in a certain area to provide more support. It really helps with aching legs and tired backs aswell as super heavy bumps! It took a couple of nights for me to get used to sleeping with the pillow but I soon found the ideal position for me and I can honestly say it made a massive improvement in my quality of sleep.
The Maternity and Nursing Pillow is also brilliant for giving you support whilst feeding your baby, relieving any strain on your neck, shoulders and arms. It has definitely saved my aching arms on numerous occasions.
It has also come in handy over the last couple of weeks as Phoebe has been learning to sit up. It’s the perfect length for wrapping around her in case she topples over and furthermore its also great for relaxing, reading and watching television (for me not Phoebe!)
There are a whole host of cover options including high quality twill, micro-plush and Terry Cloth Plush, all of which have numerous pattern to choose from. However my favourites are the 100% cotton jersey colourfast covers available in the following colours:
I chose Turquoise which I really like, but if I had my time again, I think I’d chose a more subtle colour as I can imagine using this pillow long after feeding the little lady.
The Original Theraline Maternity and Nursing pillow retails for £44.95 (or £30 for one without a cover). I think this price is totally justified as sleep is so important in the latter stages of pregnancy and anything that aids it is invaluable.
I would also make the bold shout that it is probably one of the best and most useful items I have used post birth and having recently spent 2 weeks on holiday without it, I didn’t half miss it! Those early morning feeds were no way near as comfortable and relaxing on ordinary pillows.
Theraline’s Original Maternity and Nursing Pillow won the Best Maternity Product 2014 at the Mother and Baby Awards and I completely agree with this as it is a truly wonderful product that I highly recommend whether you are planning on breastfeeding or not. It has been invaluable over the past 6 months and I envisage that I’ll use it long after breastfeeding ends. I just wish I had bought one when I was pregnant with Jack!
Theraline have very kindly offered one of you, my lovely readers the chance to win an Original Maternity and Nursing Pillow in a colour of your choice. For your chance to win, comment on this blog post, telling me what colour you would like (you can find them all here) and then enter via the Rafflecopter widget below. Full Ts&Cs are below.
- Entry is open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding anyone professionally associated with Hello Baby Blog or Theraline.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- The prize draw starts at 12.00am GMT on 8th January 2015 and closes at 12.00am GMT on 31st January 2015.
- Entry is free and must be made by commenting on this blog post and filling in the Rafflecopter widget. Entrants can gain bonus entries by visiting Hello Baby on facebook, @hellobabyblog on Twitter, tweeting about the giveaway, visiting Theraline UK on facebook, @TheralineUK on Twitter and then completing the Rafflecopter widget featured in this post.
- The name of the winner will be published on this website within 14 days of the competition closing.
- Hello Baby Blog’s decision on all matters is final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- By taking part in this competition you agree to be bound by the competition terms and conditions.
- Hello Baby Blog reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and / or winner in its discretion and without any notice in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Once the winner has been selected at random using Rafflecopter, I will inform Theraline of the winner’s name and address, they will then send on the prize. I’m sure this won’t happen but I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post or arriving late.
Disclosure: I was very kindly sent the Original Theraline Maternity and Nursing Pillow free of charge for the purpose of this review, however all opinions are my own and I’d still rave about it even if i’d paid for it!