Over the last few months we’ve been testing out the Britax Evolva 1-2-3 SL SICT Car Seat as part of the Britax Mumbassador programme. Britax are renowned for producing excellent quality, safe car seats and having used the DUALFIX for the past year (and loving it!), I was intrigued to see how the Evolva 1-2-3 SL SICT compared.
In a nutshell, we’ve been really impressed and it’s been brilliant to have a seat that can easily be transferred between cars thanks to its dual fixings and weight. We have ISOFIX in both our cars but not everyone does and I love the flexibility that this seat offers as it can be safely installed in most cars, either with ISOFIX and a 3-point seat belt, or with the 3-point seat belt alone. I also really like the ‘ISOFIT’ on the Britax Evolva 1-2-3 SL SICT. The ISOFIX is a ‘soft-latch’ ISOFIX which I’ve never come across before, but I find it so much easier and quicker to fit than the rigid version. You simply pull down the handle to reveal the soft latch ISOFIX mechanism, release the latch and pull out the clip.
There are a whole host of other brilliant features too including:
- It’s a Group 1/2 /3 (9-36kg) car seat, making it suitable from 9 months to 12 years old. This makes it the only car seat you’ll need after an infant carrier. As your little one grows, you can easily switch from the integral harness (up to 18 kg) to using the car’s 3-point seat belt (up to 36 kg) to secure the child in the seat.
- CLICK & SAFE® audible harness system – This is such a brilliant idea to ensure your little one is harnessed correctly, especially if like me, you set off on a journey after fastening in your little one to realise that the straps need tightening even more when you’re on the move. The CLICK & SAFE® system lets parents know when their child is harnessed correctly thanks to an audible click when their child is harnessed to the correct tension.
- Superior Side Impact Cushion Technology (SICT) – The improved SICT offers superior protection in case of a side collision by pushing your child away from the impact in a controlled movement and absorbing the energy exerted on your child.
- Performance Chest Pads – Phoebe found the pads really comfortable and thankfully they also reduce your child’s forward movement in a frontal collision and help spread the forces from a frontal impact more evenly across your child’s shoulders and chest.
- For everyday spills and marks, the seat is easy to sponge down and clean using a damp cloth, but for the larger mucky areas, the seat cover is removable, machine washable and brilliantly you don’t have to remove the harness to get it off.
- The Britax Evolva 1-2-3 SL SICT Car Seat offers a recline position which offers a comfortable sleeping position for all ages. You just have to adjust the seat to a recline position underneath before fitting it in your car.
- The easy-to-adjust headrest can easily be adjusted to the correct position, just above your little one’s shoulders, with one hand – even whilst they are sitting in the seat
The Evolva 1-2-3 SL SICT comes in five different colours including (l to r) Mineral Purple, Cosmos Black, Flame Red, Ocean Blue and Black Marble.
At £210 the Evolva 1-2-3 SL SICT is really good value and on a par with its rivals. So far I’ve been really impressed with the seat, and I know just like the DUALFIX, it’s well made, super safe, easy to install and most importantly comfortable for Phoebe, especially on long journeys where the recline function comes into its own. If you’re looking for the next stage car seat, I can highly recommend the EVOLVA 1-2-3 SL SICT as a car seat and high back booster.
Disclosure: We received the Britax Evolva 1-2-3 SL SICT free of charge as part of our Ambassador programme, however all opinions and photographs are my own and I’d still rave about it even if i’d paid for it!