If you’re a peanut butter addict, you’ll love this peanut butter fudge!
It’s creamy, delicious and oh so moreish, and that’s coming from someone who doesn’t even like peanut butter! (Being the dutiful wife, I made it for my addict husband!)
This yummy recipe comes from Sophie Dahl’s wonderful blog At the kitchen table, and is super simple to follow, but just be warned, it contains a LOT of sugar…
- 125g butter
- 500g dark brown sugar
- 120ml milk
- 250g crunchy peanut butter
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds only
- 300g icing sugar
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar and milk, and bring to the boil for 2-3 minutes, without stirring.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla seeds.
- Place the icing sugar in a large bowl, and pour the hot butter and sugar mixture on top. Using a wooden spoon, beat the mixture until smooth.
- Pour into a 20cm/8in square baking tray, and set aside to cool slightly, then place in the fridge to chill completely.
- Cut the fudge into squares with a sharp knife, turn out of the tin and store in an airtight container.