- 1 aubergine, halved lengthways
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 50g raw cashews
- 40g coriander
- 1 garlic clove
- 50g feta, crumbled
Sweet tomato tabouleh:
- 80g baby vine tomatoes, deseeded, diced and drained
- 100g flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 30g raw sesame seeds
- 2tbsp olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2tsp agave syrup
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F/gas mark 3½.
- Place the aubergine halves cut-side up on a greaseproof-paper-lined baking tray, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and bake for about 25 minutes, until almost tender.
- Meanwhile, whizz the cashews, coriander, garlic and remaining olive oil in a blender to a rough paste.
- When the aubergine halves are almost tender, coat them with the pesto and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes, until the pesto starts to crisp and brown.
- Meanwhile, for the sweet tomato tabouleh place the diced tomatoes in a bowl and stir in the parsley and sesame seeds. Whisk together the remaining ingredients and drizzle onto the tomato mixture and toss together.
- To serve, crumble the feta over the aubergine/pesto and serve with the sweet tomato tabouleh on the side.