I’m so excited to tell you that Phoebe has been selected by Konfidence to become an ‘official Konfidence swimologist‘ and we couldn’t be happier. This ambassadorship is perfect for the little lady as she adores nothing more than being immersed in water! Throughout 2015 we will be using and reviewing a range of Konfidence products both in and out of the pool, we’ll be hosting a giveaway or two and thanks to Konfidence, Phoebe will also be continuing her Aquababies classes (she is currently in her second term) and I’ll be keeping you up to date with her progress.
If you’ve never heard of Konfidence (where have you been hiding?!), they are an award-winning, cornwall-based, designer and manufacturer of swimming products, buoyancy aids, sun protective clothing and wetsuits for babies and children. Konfidence was founded in 1996 when Andy and Caroline Regan took their 5 children on holiday to Cornwall. Their two older daughters were strong swimmers but their three little ones weren’t and with a loathing of armbands, they had to keep an eye on them at all times. During that holiday they got to use wetsuits and buoyancy aids which helped to keep the kids warm and afloat and out of this came the idea for a combination of buoyancy aid and wetsuit and the ingenious Original Konfidence Jacket was born. Since then, the Konfidence range of products has grown enormously with the addition of more useful and great looking products that provide help, safety and protection to parents and children alike.
As a swimologist, Phoebs has been sent a fabulous bundle of Konfidence products to put to the test including the Babywarma, an AquaNappy, a NeoNappy, a Roll & Go Baby Changer, a Floatsuit, Poncho Towels, Flashing Floating Blinkies. We’ve already used the the Neo Nappy and Babywarma (reviews to come soon) but all the other products look brilliant too and we’re really looking forward to testing them out on our holidays this summer.
Phoebs started her Aquababies classes a few months ago and she is thoroughly enjoying them so far. Swimming is a skill that both Andy and I deem essential for the little ones to learn. We are both strong swimmers and even at 3, Jack is very confident and fearless in the water, which I attribute wholly to the Aquababies classes he attended from 8 weeks old and that is something that I would like Phoebe to have too. There are so many benefits to attending swimming lessons at a young age, but here are my three favourites:
1. Swimming lessons reduce the risk of drowning // In 2009, the American Academy of Pediatrics found that children that were enrolled in formal swimming lessons had an 88% reduced risk of drowning. As your child gets older, they are more likely to be around water when you might not be with them (e.g. a trip to the beach) so swimming is most definitely an essential life skill.
2. Swimming builds whole body strength // Swimming is a great full body workout, strengthening everything from the core to the legs to the arms. It’s also brilliant at tiring your little one’s out so they will hopefully sleep better for you!
3. Swimming helps children do better at school // Apparently swimming has been scientifically linked to a better academic performance. Studies show that children who swam during their developmental years achieved several physical and mental milestones faster than their non-swimming counterparts! Who knew!?
To launch our exciting swimologist news, Konfidence have given me a £50 voucher to give away to one lucky reader so to be in with a chance all you have to do is comment on this blog post, telling me what Konfidence product you have your eye on and then enter via the Rafflecopter widget below. Full Ts&Cs are below. Good luck!
Competition terms and conditions:
- Entry is open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding anyone professionally associated with Hello Baby Blog or Konfidence.
- Only one entry per person.
- The prize will only be delivered to addresses within the UK.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries which are lost, corrupted, incomplete or for any failure to capture entry information. Use of false details will result in disqualification. The entry must be made by the person entering the competition – entries sent through third parties, agencies or by automated means (such as scripts and macros) will not be accepted.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- The prize draw starts at 12.00am GMT on 14th May 2015 and closes at 12.00am GMT on 5th June 2015.
- Entry for competitions must be received by the stated closing date. All entries received after this date will not be counted.
- Hello Baby Blog reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- Entry is free and must be made by commenting on this blog post and filling in the Rafflecopter widget. Entrants can gain bonus entries by visiting Hello Baby on facebook, @hellobabyblog on Twitter, tweeting about the giveaway, visiting Konfidence UK on facebook, @konfidenceuk on Twitter and then completing the Rafflecopter widget featured in this post. Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- The name of the winner will be published on this website within 14 days of the competition closing.
- The competition winner must come forward to claim their prize. In the event of a prize going unclaimed for more than 28 days after notification, Hello Baby Blog may, at its discretion, declare the prize unclaimed and no longer valid, and draw a new winner. An unclaimed prize may not be awarded.
- It is the responsibility of entrants to notify Hello Baby Blog of any change of contact details. Proof of identity may be required.
- Hello Baby Blog’s decision on all matters is final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Hello Baby Blog reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the prize draw at any time (and for any reason) without notice.
- If the advertised prize is not available, Hello Baby Blog reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. The payment of all costs and expenses involved in claiming a prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- By taking part in this competition you agree to be bound by the competition terms and conditions.
- Hello Baby Blog reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and / or winner in its discretion and without any notice in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Once the winner has been selected at random using Rafflecopter, I will inform Konfidence of the winner’s name and address, they will then send on the prize. I’m sure this won’t happen but I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post or arriving late.
- Hello Baby Blog shall not be responsible for damages, losses or liabilities of any kind, including without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages arising out of or in relation to the prize draw. Nothing in this condition shall limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury as a result of Hello Baby Blog negligence.