The latest installment of ‘handmade with love’ introduces Hana and Melanie, the super talented sisters behind Pimp My Stroller.
Pimp My Stroller makes hip, hand made toy strollers for kids with style. They are beautifully made and having been very kindly sent a ‘Roxy‘ for Phoebe, I can testify that they are ace! It’s such a refreshing change to see a stylish alternative to the run-of-the-mill pink and blue versions available on the high street and I really like the fact that on the whole they are gender neutral. Each stroller also comes with a matching Pimp Pocket which Phoebe has found to be the ideal place to store her cheerios and Mega Bloks!
Company: Pimp My Stroller
Describe your business in one sentence: We make hip, hand made, gender free toy strollers, for kids with style!
When did you start your business and why? We started in Summer 2014 after hunting high and low for a stylish, and unisex toy buggy. Couldn’t find one, so we pimped one up and the seed was planted!
What did you do before you set up Pimp My Stroller? Melanie // I am a Graphic Designer, and Hana works in the City, so between us we combine a creative eye and a business head. We have both always sewn, having learnt from our Mum and Grandad as we grew up.
Did you face any challenges setting up your company? Many! The whole thing is a learning curve and there isn’t a day that goes by where we don’t cross a hurdle or learn something new.
Describe your creative space: We both work on Pimp My Stroller from home, so imagine organised chaos plus juggling kids.
Who and what inspires you? Anyone with a love of colour, freedom to express themselves and a passion for design. Think Iris Apfel to Marimekko, Grayson Perry to Terrance Conran!
What is your mantra? Work hard and be nice to people.
What is your favourite product and why? We have a new favourite every time we launch a new fabric! 😉
What projects are you working on at the moment? We have teamed up with Anorak to create a gorgeous limited edition range of oil cloth strollers. Can’t wait. Launching Spring 2016.
What do you love most about what you do? The creative variety. Fabric and pattern are such wonderful things, they can fully absorb you. When we go into a new fabric shop its like jumping into a rainbow.
What are your business dreams? To see Pimp My Strollers replacing all those pastel pink and blue strollers, EVERYWHERE!
If you’d like to purchase any of Pimp My Stroller’s gorgeous wares and keep up to date with their news, you can find them here…Website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. But be quick, Pimp My Stroller currently have a 20% sale on ALL their strollers!!
For your chance to win, comment on this blog post, telling me what your favourite stroller design is (you can see the full range here) and then fill in the Rafflecopter widget below. Full T&Cs are below.
Terms and conditions:
- Entry is open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding anyone professionally associated with Hello Baby Blog or Pimp My Stroller.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- The prize draw starts at 12am on 24th February 2016 and closes at 12am on 20th March 2016.
- Entry is free and must be made by commenting on this blog post and filling in the Rafflecopter widget. Entrants can gain bonus entries by visiting Hello Baby on facebook, @hellobabyblog on Twitter, tweeting about the giveaway, following @pimpmystroller on Twitter, visiting Pimp My Stroller on Facebook and then completing the Rafflecopter widget featured in this post.
- The name of the winner will be published on this website within 14 days of the competition closing.
- Hello Baby Blog’s decision on all matters is final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- By taking part in this competition you agree to be bound by the competition terms and conditions.
- Hello Baby Blog reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and / or winner in its discretion and without any notice in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Once the winner has been selected at random using Rafflecopter, I will inform Pimp My Stroller of the winner’s details and they will be in touch. I’m sure this won’t happen but I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post or arriving late.