My Fourth installment of ‘handmade with love’ introduces Charlotte Holmes, the lovely lady behind SWYC.
If you haven’t heard of it yet, SWYC (Say What You C) is a brand new, London-based, home and accessories brand that recently launched with a distinct collection of personalised necklaces called the SWYCH collection that I absolutely adore.
The SWYCH necklace collection is an offering of bespoke handmade designs where your choice of word, saying or date is metal stamped across a matte finished Iron bar. They are super simple but look incredible and I especially love them layered up as modelled here by one of Charlotte’s fans Louise Redknapp…
Name: Charlotte Holmes
Company: SWYC (Say What You C)
Tell me a little bit more about yourself: Born and bred in London, I draw inspiration from antique fairs across the UK alongside frequent travels abroad.
Describe your business in one sentence: Designs with disposition.
When did you start your business? We are a new brand just launched in May 2014.
What did you do before you set up your company? I’m still working full time for a film merchandise company in Soho.
Did you face any challenges setting up your company? Not yet – we want to grow organically which so far is working for us. We had a slight shortage on stock but due to great relationships with our suppliers we were able to replenish in 2 weeks.
What is a typical work day for you? I work 9-5pm full time and then in the studio 7-10pm. It’s busy but hugely rewarding and I like being busy and being driven by results.
Describe your creative space: To be honest I don’t have a designated spot – I find most of my ideas are generated away from the Studio when I am out and about.
What and who inspires you? Entrepreneurs/New start ups in general – I find it incredibly inspiring how people decide to go out there and try it for themselves – I love the pro-activeness.
What has been your biggest achievement so far? Setting up SWYC.
What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given? Never give up!
Have you always been creatively driven? Absolutely – throughout school and university I always excelled at Creative Projects and found these the most rewarding and this has continued throughout my professional career.
What projects are you working on at the moment? Several – all a secret so watch this space – new products both for the SWYCH jewellery collection and an Interior Design item range.
What has been the most interesting or exciting project you’ve worked on? Launching the SWYCH jewellery collection has been incredibly exciting especially seeing sales rise from literally launch day and receiving some high profile orders.
In terms of your work what couldn’t you live without? My IPhone!
What do you love most about what you do? I love the travel involved sourcing new products and the sense of achievement when I look at the order book each day.
What are your business dreams? For SWYC to keep growing and for more product lines to be added each quarter to keep the brand fresh and interesting.
When are you happiest? At home on my old Chesterfield, Dyptique candle lit, after a rewarding day.
How gorgeous are these necklaces?! They are also super affordable too; the long bar is £28 and the short bar is £24.
If you’d like to purchase a necklace or two click here. I can’t wait to get my hands on a few with the children’s names on and perhaps our wedding date as I love the layered look.
Hello Baby has teamed up with Charlotte to offer one lucky person the chance to win a necklace of their choice!
For your chance to win, comment on this blog post, telling me what you would like stamped on your necklace AND fill in the Rafflecopter widget below.
Full Ts&Cs are below.
Terms and conditions:
- Entry is open worldwide and you must be aged 18 and over, excluding anyone professionally associated with Hello Baby Blog or SWYC.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- The prize draw starts at 12.00am GMT on 21st October 2014 and closes at 12.00am GMT on 1st November 2014.
- Entry is free and must be made by commenting on this blog post and filling in the Rafflecopter widget. Entrants can gain bonus entries by following Hello Baby on facebook, @hellobabyblog on Twitter, tweeting about the giveaway, @saywhatyouc on Twitter and then completing the Rafflecopter widget featured in this post.
- The name of the winner will be published on this website within 14 days of the competition closing.
- Hello Baby Blog’s decision on all matters is final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- By taking part in this competition you agree to be bound by the competition terms and conditions.
- Hello Baby Blog reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and / or winner in its discretion and without any notice in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Once the winner has been selected at random using Rafflecopter, I will inform SWYC of the winner’s name, address and prize choice, they will then send on the prize. I’m sure this won’t happen but I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post or arriving late.