I’m a sucker for any craft that involves the hand prints or foot prints of Jack and Phoebe, so when I was recently contacted by Buttonbag, the innovative British craft company, and asked to choose one of their new craft kits to review, I was immediately drawn to the ‘Baby Handprint Gift Kit‘.
If you haven’t heard of Buttonbag, they are a young British company, making their mark on the craft market. They produce a variety of lovely craft kits for children that ingeniously contain everything needed to make the finished item. Sewing kits have needles, sticking kits have glue and toys that need stuffing have stuffing. This is music to my ears, as 99% of the time I don’t have the correct bits and bobs to hand and often have to improvise much to my children’s dismay!
Recently Buttonbag launched a brand new collection of craft kits designed to create unique and handmade personalised gifts to celebrate new babies. Each kit is beautifully packaged in a ribbon-tied suitcase (which makes for great storage afterwards – ours currently houses Jack’s shell collection!) and they really are the most wonderful gifts for new or expecting parents.
There are eight craft kits in total including knitted booties, an appliqué cushion, bunting and the handprint kit that we were kindly sent, and you can either buy the gift and give it straight to the new parents or if you want to get your craft on, you can make the craft item up yourself and present the finished article in the suitcase. Either way, Buttonbag Baby is all about making something unique which proud parents will treasure.
The ‘Baby Handprint Gift Kit’ contains everything you need (including easy-to-follow instructions) to create a unique hand and foot print keepsake of your baby. Contents include enough air-drying non-toxic clay to make at least two prints, a chiffon bag to keep them in, hanging ribbon, a gift tag and extra ribbon.
The instructions are super simple to follow and in a few very easy steps, you’ll have handprint keepsakes to treasure. After kneading, rolling and shaping, you just simply place your little ones hand in the clay to form an imprint and ta-da, it’s as simple as that! However, if your little one isn’t playing ball, you can simply re-shape the clay and start again, or cover it with clingfilm and try again another day.
(I would strongly advise not to knead and roll the clay on a glittery tablecloth, oops! Although thankfully the kids loved the sparkly glitter in their prints!)
Prices start from £20 and if you’d like to purchase any of Buttonbag’s gorgeous wares, you can purchase directly from the Buttonbag website. You can also keep up to date with all the latest news by following Buttonbag on twitter and facebook.
Hello Baby has teamed up with the lovely team at Buttonbag to offer one lucky reader the chance to win this fabulous ‘Baby Handprint Gift Kit’
For your chance to win, comment on this blog post, telling me who you’d like to win the set for AND fill in the Rafflecopter widget below. Good luck!
Full Ts&Cs are below.
Terms and conditions:
- Entry is open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding anyone professionally associated with Hello Baby Blog or Buttonbag.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- The prize draw starts at 12am on 9th June 2016 and closes at 12am on 3rd July 2016.
- Entry is free and must be made by commenting on this blog post and filling in the Rafflecopter widget. Entrants can gain bonus entries by visiting Hello Baby on facebook, following @hellobabyblog on Twitter, tweeting about the giveaway, following Hello Baby on instagram, following Hello Baby Blog on pinterest, following @buttonbag_uk on Twitter, visiting Buttonbag on Facebook and then completing the Rafflecopter widget featured in this post.
- The name of the winner will be published on this website within 14 days of the competition closing.
- Hello Baby Blog’s decision on all matters is final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- By taking part in this competition you agree to be bound by the competition terms and conditions.
- Hello Baby Blog reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and / or winner in its discretion and without any notice in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Once the winner has been selected at random using Rafflecopter, I will inform Buttonbag of the winner’s name and address and they will then send on the prize. I’m sure this won’t happen but I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post or arriving late.
Disclaimer: We were kindly sent this kit for the purpose of this review, however all opinions and photographs are my own.